Search This Blog

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Monolog Coffee - Breakfast

Back in Monolog at Plaza Senayan was great, this time we went for breakfast instead of dinner as my last visit here.

Heard the pastries are Thumbs-Up and considering lunch we would had later, I thought it was a good timing to try Monolog.

Did not make any reservation prior and when we arrived, the house was almost full, no kidding, considering it was still around 8 - 9 am-ish. But, we got the seat, the waiting staff asked whether we minded sitting on sofa, which we didn't.

The coffee selection was excellent but I opted for normal hot cocoa and ordered the croissants. Howeverrrrr, when I was looking thru the menu, I saw the Calamari...didn't know why but it whet my craving for Calamari in an instant! 

A bit hesitated to ask and thinking whether it was a norm to eat Calamari for breakfast and whether it was Available for Breakfast; certainly I never saw or read anyone did that. So, to my delight, the waiting staff mentioned it was Available. Even the Lunch and Dinner Menu are Available since 7 AM, their opening time...Phewwww, what a Menu it is!

The service was prompt and the waiting staff were excellent, I might say that I felt the staff even moved quicker than those we encountered at other restaurants in Jakarta...Hhmm, maybe the busy hour also plays the part.

I always felt when we were in Monolog, it did not feel as if we are in Jakarta, the atmosphere made the impression as if you were in one of NY bistros...Really!! Well, at least that how I got the vibe.

Next time, I would try the 'so-called smoking section' which was in front of the entrance/open area.


One thing I still can't stand in Jakarta was the indoor smoking area and there are no partition in between so even though you are seating in 'so-called non smoking area'; sometimes you still got a whiff of cigarettes from your neighbour.

Imagined my surprise seeing few families with children in tow seating at this area; but I did not see anyone smoking yet. Maybe, since it was still early?

Would love to return to Monolog to try their Lunch...Ha..ha..
It would be a complete experience of Brekkie, Lunch and Dinner here then...




The 'so-called' smoking section


The Big Menu
Rugged Wall




The 'Bar' area..chic and cool concept and oh so cute with the Xmas Decoration
The Kitchen Area
The Calamari; it was one of the best calamaris I had
Plain Croissant...it was quite filling
The Mocha 
Hot Cocoa


My Almond Croissant; the waiting staff politely asked whether I wished to heat it up before serving..
You can taste the almond by every bite
Thought it was the CD on play but it wasn't; totally forgot to buy one before we left



Monolog Quality Coffee Co.
Plaza Senayan Level 1 CP 101 B
Palm Gate Entrance
Jl. Asia Afrika No. 8
Tel: +62 21 5725144


Opens daily from 7 am to 10 pm




No comments:

Post a Comment