Search This Blog

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Halia @ Raffles Hotel

Halia, famous for its location at Botanic Garden, has opened another outlet that is more accessible at Raffles Hotel. I was pleasantly surprised to know about this as I previously I only had 1 experience at Botanic Garden and not a fan to go all the way there for a meal.

We walked through the Raffles Hotel Arcade, it was on the other end of the arcade as we walked from Raffles City crossing to Raffles Hotel.

I noticed there is also Al-Fresco section, more for drinking/Bar area, for lunch, we were seated on the inside.
We came quite after the lunch hour and it was only few tables that were occupied.

Pleasantly surprised to see the real tree at the corner of the room, it is quite a nice addition to the colonial black and white tiles and window frames. Natural lighting were abundant as the windows were a full height one. Such a chic design concept.

The staff were friendly and prompt in catering to your needs, the dishes were done nicely but somehow I felt it was just okay to my liking especially my main course.

I imagine Halia will be a good venue for business lunch/dinner as it is quite an ideal place to have your business meal compare to few restaurants around there. It's unpretentiously chic with good service and the dishes were quite good but somehow, for me, I felt there was a certain lack of appeal to return for meal here. 



Luving the concept of this colonial chic

Beautiful chandelier

I was thinking back and forth, was this a real tree and I think it is Real!!
The simple menus
Heavenly Halia
Fresh Ginger, Pineapple, Peach Liqueur, Blue Curacao and Sprite
Halia Mint Berry
Ginger, Mint Leaf, Fresh Blueberries and Sprite
The drink was indeed refreshing welcome for such a sunny day
Ginger Jive
Fresh ginger, fruit punch, orange and honey
Another cold and cooling drink that quite refreshing with less ginger taste
Deepfried Squid
This was my fave dish of Halia, the squid were fried nicely, and Lime Syrup dip and Piquant Mayo dip was excellent. 
I commended the presentation, so surprised to see it was nicely served like this
Halia Chili Crab
Spaghettini, Spring Onion and Egg
It was quite a huge portion and it wasn't so spicy as the name implied, it spiciness was just done right.
My Angus Tenderloin
This was the first steak I've ever encountered that presented so refine, all cut up for me to dip into the sauce with french fries in a bowl

Halia at the Raffles Hotel
1 Beach Road
#01-22/23 Raffles Hotel
Singapore 189873
Tel: (65) 9639-1148
 
Opening Hours:
Monday to Friday from 11.30 am to 10 pm
Weekend and Public Holiday from 10 am to 10 pm






No comments:

Post a Comment