Search This Blog

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Xin Wang HK Cafe @ Changi T3

I found Xin Wang Cafe by accident at Changi T3 Public Area when it just opened. I recalled browsing through that big size menu and found that most of the dishes were down to earth but appealed as comfort food to anyone who read this menu (not consisted of weird combo) 

And so happened, I missed that typical HK comfort food of maggie instant noodle with luncheon meat and egg...(even typing this made me had sudden craving for it...slurrrppp)

Their menu is really comprehensive; from that tasty Thick Toast, Dim Sum, Soup, Rice, Pasta, BBQ stuff, Drinks with its Ying Yong drink as trademark. Oh oh, all all sort of dessert with aAlmond or Ginger combo that are so typical of HK desserts.

Long story short, I became a fan of Xin Wang Cafe and the Maggie Instant Noodle Soup becomes my regular staple with its Honey Green Tea. What I also like is their Warm Coconut with Sago..it is delicious but quite filling, so don't order this if you are having a big main course.

But this last visit, I was quite full so thought of trying their Dim Sum for dinner (yes, dinner also has Dim Sum) It was hard to put this self-prevention after not coming to Xin Wang for a while, but I gotta do it to avoid that annoying gastric pain due to eating too much.

Another reason of me becoming a fan is their staff service, mostly are young adults but they are efficient, fast and good attitude. Definitely not attitude you expected of fine dining but for a family restaurant, I think their staff attitude are good especially in executing the orders.

You will see a queue at Xin Wang once it past 6.30 pm at Changi T3, but waiting time always feel not long and the senior staff always remember how many pax on that queue.

Good food in a non fussy restaurant with good service and affordable price, I don't see Xin Wang will have any decline in their patrons. If you happen to stop by at Changi T3 and tired of the KOPI foodcourt at B2, Xin Wang will be another alternative on Level 4.

Even now, they open until 4 AM at Changi T3, I couldn't believed my eyes when I saw this..how we are being spoilt with this option at our airport. 

It certainly will stay as one of my fave as long as the standards are as now..Maybe I should sign up again for their membership...


Love this Red Panel Booths

Seats next to drink and payment counter

 Full House
Everything is ready within your reach. Cutleries - Checked! Sauce and Chili condiments - Checked! Small plates and bowls with serviette - Checked! It certainly cut down the serving time for the staff
Till 4 AM!!!
 My fave HK dessert staple; the peanut glutinous rice balls with ginger soup...Thumbs-Up!!
My fave Dim Sum staple, the Har Gauw. Don't expect Hotel standard for this one, it was OK but the skin was quite thin
My fave Dim Sum at Xin Wang, its their Deep Fried Wanton..it was really really good. Must try it!

Pork Chop Papaya Milk Soup. Couldn't recalled seeing this on previous visit..It was quite tasty even though I thot the combo quite odd at first.


Xin Wang Hong Kong Cafe

Changi Airport Terminal 3

Viewing Mall North
Level 4, Terminal 3 #04-02
Singapore Changi Airport
Tel: +65- 6241 5201
Business Hours:
Monday to Thursday and Sunday
– 9am to 1am
Friday, Saturday, Eve of and PH
– 9am to 4am

http://www.xinwang.com.sg/index.htm


No comments:

Post a Comment