Search This Blog

Monday, January 9, 2012

Sardine

Again, read about Sardine from Bali 360 degree issue on iPad, the concept intrigued me. A healthy Sardine cooking made into fine dining and the view of facing the Rice Paddy Field/Sawah. 

I made reservation via email prior to visit as on their website, it was mentioned Recommended, but it wasn't as crowd as I imagined.


It was drizzling when we got there, a bit reclusive to find but still around Seminyak area, and the space was not as spacious as I thought. We got thru a small gate with security cubicle on the side.


Turned out, they had some sort of small alfresco/terrace area with umbrellas in between the rice paddy field and dining area; since it was drizzling, we got no chance to sit at that section...too bad...thought could made a good photo of rice paddy field. Someone teased me saying this concept was for those urbanite who never seen rice paddy field in real person (quite true statement, I must admit)


And a bit odd was the kitchen area was located on the opposite left side of the dining area, not under same shelter.


I found the menu of sardines / perhaps the way it cooked to my liking was not as plenty as I hoped, imagined it was majority Sardine as main course.


Lacking from this establishment was the prominent good service you usually encounter in Bali, the staff only 2 and the male staff was so slow and as if he was being-forced-to-work-there-kind of attitude.


It was apparent that this establishment is owned by caucasian, as we met two nice ladies upon leaving. One of them had at least helped to take out their huge umbrella to walk us out to taxi. But, that was after I was about to take my own initiative using their umbrella for us. 


It's a good initiative to focus on organic and healthy dishes as their menu but somehow their lack of attention to their patrons was a major blow to this otherwise a full of potential establishment than others in Bali.


Will not recommend, as it wasn't worth your money and time due to its service attitude.


Simple graphic of sardines

Nice chandelier


View from our seat

The simple menu


My smoked sardine


The kitchen/back area, opposite our dining area


Sardine
Jl. Petitenget 21, Kerobokan, Bali
Tel: +62-361-8436111
Email: sardine@sardinebali.com


 
Opens daily from 11.30 am to 1 am (last order by 11.30 pm)


No comments:

Post a Comment