Search This Blog

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Social House - Brunch

Back in SOHO, this time for Brunch! I was pretty excited as I felt the food at SOHO is to my liking so looking fwd to see how was it for brekkie/brunch.

We came about 11 am with reservation done (better be!), there were crowds indeed and most of them were foreigners. It was a good atmosphere indeed, relax and casual
But another thing that still puzzled me, was their Menu…it was a spread of menus! Got the normal menu, the brekkie menu, the drink menu then I dunno what else but there was!

As normal, I always wanted to go for my full brekkie, this time I saw they had one in ‘open skillet’, I was curious so ordered it and voila, here it was, not like I normally had..something different but still tasty. It was poached eggs with tomatoes puree with sausages and bits of bacon all in one, served with crispy bread that so tasty when you dipped it in your puree; I added the sautéed mushroom, it was worth it!

My gal pal ordered prawn pesto which was spicy and delicious and an egg benedicts with smoked salmon on top of long bread instead of muffins, I said to myself to order the egg benedicts next time I come here for brunh.

We ordered ice-lemon tea which was refreshing and didn’t expect there was a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top, it certainly a different ice lemon tea. Finished my drink faster as usual so gotta ordered another round of drink, I ordered the energy booster, a mixed of juice but I forgot the details.

The waiting staff came to our table with an ipad for a short survey about the dining experience in SOHO; I found the idea very appealing, it showed how technology savvy they are and improvement believer by getting the patron’s feedback on the spot.

Always a sucker for doing feedback/survey… ^_^  , so I were happy to oblige the survey..

All in all, SOHO is a great place when you feel like having your meal in a posher restaurant while  you are in Grand Indonesia.


The Drink Menu


Menu on Hanger..SOHO's trademark!

This was the all-day brekkie menu? I lost count already on how many set of menus they have

I couldn't remember what menu was this...so many menus, right?

The 'trees' inside the restaurant

It was connected to Harvey Nichols before but now Harvey had closed down..I guessed due to location and price range factors

My brunch dish, scramble eggs with sausages and fresh tomatoes puree in a skillet with add-on sauteed mushroom, gotta gave 2 thumbs-ups!


The prawn pesto, also delicious!

Egg benedict with smoked salmon, insteaf of using muffins, they used baguette; definitely a must try next time!

Energy booster juice!

Yummy homemade ice lemon tea and it came with vanilla ice-cream, so I guess it was like an ice lemon tea float

Social House Jakarta

Grand Indonesia East Mall 1st Floor
Jakarta, Indonesia, 10310

Tel: +6221 2358 1818, 2358 0450



Restaurant:

Opens from Mon to Thu and Sunday from 8 am to 10.30 pm
Opens on Friday and Saturday from 8 am to 12 am

Bar, Lounge, Winehouse:

Opens daily from 8 am to 1 am 
Grand Indonesia East Mall 1st Floor
Jakarta, Indonesia, 10310

Tel: +6221 2358 1818, 2358 0450

Opening hours: From 8.00AM to 1.00AM from Monday to Sunday

http://www.ismaya.com/socialhouse/

Restaurant:

Opens from Mon to Thu and Sunday from 8 am to 10.30 pm
Opens on Friday and Saturday from 8 am to 12 am

Bar, Lounge, Winehouse:

Opens daily from 8 am to 1 am 




No comments:

Post a Comment