Search This Blog

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Union - Dinner

It was my 3rd time to Union now, the 2nd time was just for a late night drink; this time, we went there for dinner..was so looking forward.
Reservation is always a Must if you are going to Union, due to its popularity, even though how many months running, it was even became more popular than before.
Well, what not to like at Union? Good food, great vibe, fantastic service, convenient location.

When we came to table, I saw the put the Reservation sign which indicated from the timing, I think it was a nice gesture. The place is still packed for sure!
And bakery section was so popular, most of the cakes sold out by late noon. But my cheese cake was still there and I reserved it first even before we sat down. Later, we were being informed the Red Velvet was available and again, we ordered it in advance for take away.

Didn’t feel like eating any fishy that night, as I’ve spent most of my meals few days earlier on fishes and definitely not ordering any steak; so when I saw Nasi Goreng on the menu, I was excited. When it came, didn’t look that huge of a portion but after going few spoon, it was huge indeed..

This time, I missed my Green Tea for few days so naturally eating fried rice, I felt drinking tea would be the appropriate choice.

Again, I found it was a good nasi goreng, Union’s chefs proved to be overall good cook, either western or local dishes to dish out. Service was prompt and I was surprised they managed to reserve my cheese cake accordingly and when asked for it after meal, it was served promptly.

Night view to courtyard on Saturday night was certainly a different atmosphere…

I hope Jakarta would have more restaurants like Union in all aspects!




The Menu
Our Reserved Table sign, how courteous!
From the courtyard entrance
Looking to kitchen area
One of my fave part of Union Restaurant
Tasty bread and butter
My Green Tea
Union Nasi Goreng, delicious and huge portion
Scallop Pasta

Grilled salmon with mashed potatoes

My fave Union cheese cake

Union Brasserie, Bakery and Bar
Plaza Senayan, 1st Fl Unit Sogo
Jl. Asia Afrika No. 8, Jakarta 
Tel: +62 21 5790 5871

Opens daily from breakfast to late 













No comments:

Post a Comment