Search This Blog

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Ocha & Bella

I heard that Ocha & Bella has nice design and quite a popular spot for dinner or late night drink, it is located at Jalan K.H. Wahid Hasyim or Menteng area, so again, this was a minus point for me.

As it was at night, so we were seated indoor; it seemed there was an outdoor area facing the road, a bit like playground area too.

It was quite few patrons with most of tables being put on Reserved. Ocha & Bella served Italian cuisine and the Japanese style of casual dishes. Its interior of industrial chic with lots of green touches, either the chairs or the outdoor atmosphere which also flows seamlessly. With its glass black square window, I do admit I like this casual modern dining concept.

The kitchen area was an open concept facing the main window and it has pizza oven-wood equipment too.

Now, about the food and drink…we ordered our cocktail, it was okay but not too fantastic and what annoyed my gal was one of the waiting staff who were not so tactful in asking the question to her when delivering the drinks. I ordered my prawn pasta and it was okay, a bit too oily to my liking. The gals just ordered the pizza which they said quite tasty.

After dinner, while waiting for our taxi, I saw a very interesting building behind the restaurant but only afterward that I found out Ocha & Bella occupies the front space of a boutique hotel, the Morrisey. Would love to try the boutique hotel next time.

About going back to dine at Ocha & Bella next time in Jakarta, I think I’d pass…

It's the back of the Menu
Drink Menu
 
View from entrance
Such a Casual vibes with colourful chairs and view to kitchen area
Luv this Reserved sign, best I've ever seen
I just felt it was a nice capture, the white plain plates against retro-inspired placemat
Our mocktails and martini..it was so so..
Totally forgot the pizza name, but it was quite delicious as they used oven wood pizza burner
My prawn aglio olio, this definitely the oiliest aglio olio version I've ever tasted, it was okay
Got another drink for a simple mocktail

Ocha & Bella
In Morrissey Hotel (previously Citadines)
Jl. KH Wahid Hasyim No. 70 (located at the end of Jalan Jaksa)
Menteng, Jakarta

Tel : +62-21-310-5777

http://www.ochaandbella.com/

Opens daily from 11 am to 11 pm / for weekend until 12 am

No comments:

Post a Comment